The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team© is a proprietary, assessment-based learning experience designed to help leverage your greatest competitive advantage – teamwork. But, this is not your average team building opportunity. Based on the best-selling book The Five Dysfunctions of a Team this program helps individuals and organizations reveal what it takes to build a truly cohesive and effective team in the most approachable, competent and effective way possible.
• truly behave as a team – members meet on a regular basis, they share common goals, and they are collectively responsible for results
• are willing to invest time and emotional energy in the process
• have a strong leader who believes in the power of teamwork and is prepared to lead the effort in terms of setting an example and dedicating time to the process
• have been together for at least 2 months
• have the time necessary to devote to the program (if there are too many looming and conflicting deadlines, it’s probably not the right time for this program) Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team reports.
If that sounds like your team, let’s dig in. As an Authorized Partner of the program, Summit HR Solutions can help you and your organization build stronger and more cohesive teams. Your team members will learn how to trust one another, engage in productive conflict, commit to decisions, hold each other accountable, and focus on achieving collective results. Through the use of activities, video reviews, and discussions, we will lead your team through the powerful Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team model, learning and practicing the behaviors that will make your team more cohesive and improve its performance. .
“As a rapidly growing company in a highly competitive market, we needed to get our senior team on the same page quickly to accelerate our growth and build a positive atmosphere for leadership and a positive company culture. We found Summit HR Solutions who facilitated The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team program for our high-powered, but unaligned team. Fred skillfully led our team through the Five Behaviors process and helped us understand our current level of functioning as a team – and then expertly guided us towards what we needed to do to improve. After only 6 months of working on the five team behaviors identified in the workshop, we are working much more effectively – and productively as a team. The drama and politics on the team are gone — and we’re having more fun working together. I highly recommend this program and Summit HR Solutions to any organization interested in gaining competitive advantage through improving the performance of their teams, and ultimately their organizations. (Note that we also used Fred to roll out a company-wide DiSC program — again to great success and adoption.”)
Brad Nattrass – CEO – urban-gro
• have a clear sense of how they see each other and how the team is performing as a unit
• have a better understanding of the personality styles of each of its members
• be able to identify the trust-building behaviors that can guide an action planning process
• understand its approach to conflict, learn how to identify conflict-related behaviors that get in the way of progress, and be able to develop an action plan to achieve a productive approach to conflict
• have a working definition of commitment and know how to create more clarity and buy-in from each other
• have a set of behavioral ground rules that will help drive commitment and increase it when necessary
• be able to identify accountability-related behaviors, more effectively and positively hold each other accountable, and implement an action plan to improve overall accountability
• know how to better track progress toward your goals and how to remedy any shortcomings that are preventing you from moving forward
• know exactly what each member is committed to working on and how to adjust and modify as goals are achieved and/or circumstances change .
This transformational team program is not for every team; however, if your team is ready to come together and achieve more than they ever have before, the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team may be exactly what you need. Get your team on the same page and they’ll consistently produce stellar results.